An ISA is one of the most popular products for tax-efficient investment, it allows ones money to grow without attracting capital gains tax in a liquid environment. In the 2019/20 tax year, the ISA allowance increased significantly from £15,240 up to £20,000.
Investors do not pay any personal tax or income or gains, but ISAs do pay unrecoverable tax on income from stocks and shares received by the ISA managers.
At HP Asset Management the investment ISA product we recommend is a tax-efficient investment account that lets you put money into a range of different investments, including unit trusts and open-ended investment companies (OEICs) as well as cash. The ISA can be used to fund medium term financial objectives such as deposits on properties or children’s education, We may use them to compliment ones tax free retirement income.
Here are some more details you need to be aware of with the HP Asset Management Investment ISA.
- To hold a stocks and shares ISA, you need to be aged 18 or over and be resident in the UK.
- A stocks and shares ISA is usually considered a medium to long-term investment – that’s at least 5 years.
- As with any investment product, the value of your ISA could go up or down. It could be worth less than you paid in.
- For the 2019/2020 tax year, the total ISA allowance is £20,000. You must invest your allowance by 5 April (tax year end) or you’ll lose it.
- You can choose to split your allowance between different types of ISA in the same tax year. You can also transfer your savings or investments from one provider to another.
- ISAs generally benefit from favourable tax treatment, but the tax benefits for you depend on your individual circumstances so it’s best to discuss these with your financial adviser.
If you invest in a HP Asset Management recommended Investment ISA, you will get access to our investment platform enabling you to hold, monitor and manage your ISA – and any other fund-based investments you have with HP Asset Management.